Expression of Interest for Floodplain Management Committee
We are calling for expressions of interest to join our Floodplain Management Committee.
The committee oversees and provides guidance on the management of flood-prone land in Lismore. The primary role of the committee will be to assist Council to review, develop and implement its next Floodplain Risk Management Plan by:
- providing a link between Council and the community;
- identifying the flood problems to be addressed and the study area;
- overseeing the progress and findings of studies undertaken in the preparation of the plan;
- providing input into known flood behaviour as part of the Floodplain Risk Management Study that will inform the Floodplain Risk Management Plan; and
- identifying implementation strategies for the Floodplain Risk Management Plan.
This expression of interest is for three people – two community members representing flood-prone communities of Lismore (North and South Lismore) and one representative of the environmental sector.
Other members will be two Lismore City Councillors, one Council staff member and one representative each from the Chamber of Commerce, SES, the Office of Environment and Heritage, Rous County Council and Southern Cross University.
The Floodplain Management Committee will meet as required during the preparation of the Floodplain Risk Management Study and the Floodplain Risk Management Plan, generally at least once a month.
Please read the Terms of Reference below for more information and complete the expression of interest form by 2 May 2019.
For more information, phone Paula Newman on 1300 87 83 87.