Water restrictions

A woman using a tap to fill up a glass of water.

Rous County Council sets the water restrictions for the Lismore water supply while Lismore City Council is in charge of setting water restrictions for the Nimbin Water Supply as this does not come from the Rous catchment area.   

Use our Water Restriction Exemption Application form to request an exemption to water restrictions, or to request approval for activities that require Council approval during water restrictions.

Read on for water-saving measures at each water restriction level.

Level 1 restrictions

Level 2 restrictions

Level 3 restrictions

Level 4 restrictions

Emergency restrictions