Illegal dumping of household rubbish, garden waste, building and commercial waste is a significant financial, environmental and social problem. Council incurs significant costs for the investigation, collection, and disposal of illegally dumped material.
We need your help to get RID of illegal dumping. If you witness someone dumping waste or come across dumped waste report the issue as soon as possible by calling Council on (02) 6625 0500 or reporting to RID Online below.
Report illegal dumping
There are many options available for disposing of unwanted items responsibly:
- Many household items can be dropped off FREE of charge at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre or at much cheaper rates if you sort your load
- Apply for a waste voucher - each property is eligible to apply for one per financial year
- Give away unwanted items to friends or family
- Sell or give away unwanted items via online services such as Facebook Marketplace, Buy, Swap & Sell groups, Gumtree or eBay
- Donate unwanted but saleable (not stained, damaged or broken) items to a local charity. Please don't dump at op-shops.