Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Expressions of Interest
Lismore City Council has established an Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee (ARIC) and is looking for Expressions of Interest from qualified people to fulfil the role of independent members.
The committee will consist of three independent members (one of whom is Chair) and two Councillors.
The ARIC will meet a minimum of four and a maximum of five times per year and a fixed fee is paid to the independent members for preparation and attendance at each meeting. The term is for two years until the 31 March 2021.
Council is looking for people with the following skills:
- High levels of financial literacy, including demonstrated experience managing financial information.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, legal compliance, audit and/or risk management.
- Solid business acumen and commercial experience.
- Relevant experience on similar committees and/or in managerial or governance roles.
- Working knowledge of local government.
- Strong communication skills.
Desirable but not essential is a relevant tertiary degree or being a member of the Australian Institute of Directors and/or Institute of Internal Auditors and/or CPA qualified.
To apply, please provide a resume with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and details of two current referees. There is more information in the EOI document below.
Please send applications to Governance Coordinator Dianne Criss, PO Box 23A, Lismore, NSW 2480, email to email@example.com or deliver in person to 43 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah, NSW 2480.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 19 October 2018.