Procurement & contracts
Lismore City Council is committed to achieving best value, fairness, and transparency in its procurement process.
This includes giving preference to locally sourced goods and services, promoting good management practices, transparency and probity, and sustainability.
Procurement includes determining required goods and services, seeking competitive quotes, managing supplier relationships, and processing payments. The council is required to go to open tender for goods, services, and materials above $250,000, and follows its own procurement policy and guidelines for purchases below this amount.
Businesses interested in working with Lismore City Council should familiarise themselves with their standard terms and conditions, register with VendorPanel and check the council's website for opportunities.
Council’s Procurement Policy(DOCX, 101KB)
Council’s Terms & Conditions(PDF, 100KB)
Tendering Guidelines for NSW Local Government(PDF, 248KB)
Our procurement focus
- Value for money,
- Legislative compliance,
- Quality and performance,
- Ethics and fair dealing
- Good risk management, including work health and safety, and
- Opportunities for economic growth (including employment growth) in the Local Government Area.
What we require of you
- Comply with Council's procurement policies and procedures.
- Declare real or perceived conflicts of interest as soon as you become aware of the conflict.
- Refrain from engaging in any form of collusive practices including offering employee inducements or incentives designed to improperly influence the conduct of their duties.
- Act ethically, fairly and honestly in all dealings with Council.
- Assist the Council to prevent unethical practices in our business relationships.