Apply now for trade parking permits
Trade Parking Permits allow tradespeople to obtain a permit for a work vehicle which exempts the vehicle from time-limited parking restrictions imposed by sign posting such as 1/2P, 1P, 2P, 3P and 4P parking limits.
To obtain a Trade Parking Permit you are required to complete the online application below. You will require the following:
- Your contact details, business name, business ABN and email address
- NSW Fair Trading licence number
- Vehicle registration number
- Address of where work is being carried out
Permits are for a maximum of five consecutive working days. Once you have completed the online application press 'submit' and PDF attachment with your Trade Parking Permit will be emailed to you for printing.
Your application is not valid until you print your Trade Parking Permit and display it in accordance with the nominated conditions of use on your vehicle.
There are no fees for Trade Parking Permits.
Conditions of Use
- Trade Parking Permits exempt permit holders from time-limited parking restrictions imposed by sign posting such as 1/2P, 1P, 2P, 3P and 4P parking limits.
- Permits do not allow permit holders to park in a time-limited parking space sign posted as 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1/4P zones or paid parking zones unless a ticket is purchased and displayed.
- Permits do not allow permit holders to park in a 'No Stopping', 'No Parking', 'Loading Zone', 'Taxi Zone' or 'Disabled Parking Zone'.
- Permits are only valid when displayed in a trade vehicle with the nominated registration on the date(s) for which the permit has been issued and in the location for which the permit has been issued.
- Permits are not transferable and will only be valid when clearly displayed on the bottom left-hand side of the front windscreen inside the nominated trade vehicle.
- The issue of a permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space to the holder.
- Any proposed variation or extension of time is the subject of a new permit application.
- Only one permit can be issued per registered vehicle on the dates for which the permit has been issued.
- Permit holders must park in accordance with Australian Road Rules.
- False applications and statements, and alteration or misuse of the permit, are serious offences and will result in the cancellation of the permit and may result in enforcement action.
- Permits cannot be transferred or allocated to another person.
- The duration of any approved permit will be a maximum of five consecutive working days.
- Council will undertake routine audits of permits to monitor compliance with conditions of use.
For information and enquiries phone 1300 87 83 87 or email email@example.com.